There are a number of issues that could be causing the unit to not blow cool air. Please see below for troubleshooting solutions.
- Compressor may be overheated. Usually takes 30-45 minutes for compressor and internal protection to reset.
- Air flow is restricted. Make sure there are no curtains, blinds or furniture blocking the front of the air conditioner.
- BTU Rating of Air Conditioner is not powerful enough to cool the designated area. Higher BTU cooling power is required. See our article, Cooling Area per BTU Capacity to ensure BTU Capacity is powerful enough to cool your space.
- There may be other heat sources in the room. Remove or turn off any alternate heat sources if possible.
- Temperature setting is too high. Decrease the set temperature.
- Air filter is blocked by dust and debris. Clean or replace the air filter.
- The temperature control may not be set correctly. Lower the set thermostat temperature.
- Cold air is escaping. Check for open furnace registers and cold air returns.
- The cooling coils are frozen. See "Air Conditioner Freezing Up" section in your manual.